|Version 1 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Due to our strict constrains with regards to captive portals (low-memory, no-login needed, auto-update of content) we decided to make our own. The software we build WLPortal is based around 5 components:
ipfwfirewall rules in the FreeBSD kernel.
thttpdinstance serving the captive portal CGI.
- The CGI script itself.
- The template files for making the entrance pretty.
crontabentry to cleanup stale entries.
- The User get deflected to the Captive Portal by the
firewallif it tries to reach an external site.
- The User reads the welcome pages and clicks OK.
- The MAC/IP of the device of the user gets whitelisted in the
- The User get redirected to the specified website (http://wirelessleiden.nl by default).
crontabentry deletes the user if he/she has been idle too long.
Note: this only holds true for nodes build in the
iris-releng-9.0-ileiden branch, build after
r10249 | rick | 2012-03-19 19:06:36 +0100 (Mon, 19 Mar 2012)
Warning: Make sure to only alter the cosmetics of the file and not the technical structure of the forms or submit url.
You can edit the config file at
/usr/local/etc/wlportal/login.tmpl, please do mind that this file get lost after an reboot. If you like to store the edited file on a persistent place, make sure to place it at